Feb. 07, 2023
HARRISBURG – Rep. Aaron Kaufer (R-Luzerne) announced that grants totaling more than $315,000 will be awarded to 21 fire company and EMS departments in the 120th District. The grants are made possible through the Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service Grant Program (FCEMSGP).
“I’m thrilled that our local first responders were awarded these grants,” Kaufer said. “These funds will help our first responders continue to do the important work of helping all of us in our time of need.”
Those receiving grants include:
• Back Mountain Regional Fire & EMS Inc. (Fire) - $26,063.18.
• Back Mountain Regional Fire & EMS Inc. (EMS) - $20,000.
• Columbian Volunteer Fire Department - $15,000.
• Courtdale Volunteer Hose Company - $12,106.88.
• Exeter Hose Company No. 1 - $12,598.14.
• Forty Fort Volunteer Fire Company - $12,106.88.
• Harding Fire Company - $13,580.66.
• Independent Fire Company No. 1 Inc. - $12,352.51.
• Kingston Fire Department - $15,000.
• Kingston Fireman’s Community Ambulance Association - $10,000.
• Kunkle Fire Company Inc. (Fire) - $13,089.40.
• Kunkle Fire Company Inc. (EMS) - $20,000.
• Maltby Volunteer Fire Company - $11,861.25.
• Mt. Zion Bicentennial Fire Company - $13,335.03.
• Shavertown Fire Department - $14,563.18.
• Swoyersville Hose Company - $12,352.51.
• Trucksville Volunteer EMS Fire & Rescue Association - $12,843.77.
• Volunteer Fire Department of Luzerne - $12,106.88.
• West Wyoming Hose Company No. 1 - $35,598.14.
• Wyoming Hose Company No. 1 - $11,861.25.
• Wyoming Volunteer Hose Company No. 2 - $12,106.88.
In order to receive the funds, all recipients must file grant agreements with the Office of the State Fire Commissioner (OSFC).
FCEMSGP is administered by OSFC and makes an annual grant program available for volunteer and career fire companies, emergency medical services and rescue squads. Eligible projects include facility upgrades, equipment, debt reduction, training and certification, education and public outreach, and recruitment and retention efforts. Additionally, fire companies were permitted to apply for construction savings accounts for the purposes of new facility construction.
A complete list of grant awardees, as well as additional program eligibility requirements and important dates and information associated with future FCEMSGP funding rounds may be found online at www.osfc.pa.gov.
For information about constituent services, contact Kaufer’s district office in Luzerne, located at 161 Main St., by calling 570-283-1001. Information can also be found online at RepKaufer.com
Representative Aaron Kaufer
120th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Melissa Fox