HARRISBURG – Forms for the state’s Property Tax/Rent Rebate program for the 2019 tax year are now available, and Rep. Aaron Kaufer (R-Luzerne) and his staff will be hosting 13 opportunities throughout the 120th District in the coming weeks to assist residents in completing the forms.
Kaufer or a member of his staff will be available during the following dates and times:
• Monday, Feb 10, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Luzerne Towers, 600 Bennet St., Luzerne.
• Tuesday, Feb. 11, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Kingston Manor, 250 1st Ave., Kingston.
• Thursday, Feb. 20, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Kingston Active Adult Center, 335 3rd Ave., Kingston.
• Tuesday, Feb. 25, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.at Kingston Gardens, Page and Market streets, Kingston.
• Thursday, Feb. 27, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.at Dan Flood Tower, 230 Wyoming Ave., Kingston.
• Friday Feb. 28, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Midtowne Apartments, 100 E. Sixth St., Wyoming.
• Friday Feb. 28, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Temple Apartments, 5 Heisz St., Edwardsville, with Sen. John Yudichak’s office.
• Tuesday, March 3, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Edwardsville Active Adult Center, 57 Russell St., Edwardsville.
• Thursday, March 5, from 10 a.m.to 1 p.m. at The Old School, 311-313 Luzerne Ave., West Pittston.
• Monday, March 9, from 2-4 p.m., at Trucksville Manor, 170 Oak St., Trucksville.
• Thursday, March 12, from 10 a.m.to 1 p.m. at Swoyersville Apartments, 184 Hemlock St., Swoyersville.
• Monday, March 16, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Exeter Senior Apartments, 222 Schooley Ave., Exeter.
• Thursday, March 19, from 10 a.m.to 1 p.m. at Temple Apartments, 5 Heisz St., Edwardsville.
Eligible participants can receive a rebate of up to $650 based on their rent or property taxes paid in 2019. The program, which is funded by proceeds from the Pennsylvania Lottery, benefits eligible Pennsylvanians who are 65 years or older, widows and widowers 50 years or older, and those 18 years or older with permanent disabilities.
Eligibility income limits are set at the following levels, excluding 50% of Social Security, Supplemental Security Income and Railroad Retirement Tier 1 benefits:
• $0 to $8,000, maximum $650 rebate (homeowners and renters).
• $8,001 to $15,000, maximum $500 rebate (homeowners and renters).
• $15,001 to $18,000, maximum $300 rebate (homeowners only).
• $18,001 to $35,000, maximum $250 rebate (homeowners only).
Applicants should be prepared to provide all the necessary income (all 2019 1099s), property tax or rental information required to process claims quickly and accurately at these events. Applications are due by June 30.
For more information about this outreach, or any other state-related issue, contact Kaufer’s district office in Luzerne, located at 161 Main St., by calling 570-283-1001. Information can also be found online at RepKaufer.com
Representative Aaron Kaufer
120th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Abby Krueger