– Looking to continue to strengthen funding and support for area first responders, Rep. Aaron Kaufer (R-Luzerne) announces that local fire and ambulance departments will see a total of $271,411 in state funding from the Office of the State Fire Commissioner (OSFO).
“Our first responders dedicate their lives to keeping our community safe,” said Kaufer. “I am pleased that they are receiving this funding. This grant money helps them make building repairs, acquire new and updated equipment, and receive additional training. We are truly indebted to and grateful for all that our first responders have done and continue to do for our community.”
The list of those departments receiving funding are as follows:
• Columbia Hose Company 3, $14,111.10.
• Columbian Volunteer Fire Department, $14,248.03.
• Courtdale Volunteer Hose Company, $11,646.38.
• Exeter Hose Company No. 1, $11,783.31.
• Franklin Hose Company No. 2, $13,974.17.
• Harding Fire Company, $13,152.60.
• Hose Company No. 2 of West Wyoming Borough, $23,557.17.
• Jackson Township Volunteer Fire Department of Luzerne County, $11,783.31.
• Kingston Fire Department, $13,563.39.
• Kingston Firemen’s Community Ambulance Association, $9,192.44.
• Maltby Volunteer Fire Company, $11,509.46.
• Mt. Zion Bicentennial Fire Co, $12,604.88.
• Shavertown Fire Department, $13,152.60.
• Swoyersville Hose Company, $12,057.17.
• Volunteer Fire Department of Luzerne, $11,509.46.
• West Pittston Hose Company No. 1, $12,467.96.
• West Wyoming Hose Company No. 1, $23,694.10.
• Woodward Hill Hose Company No. 4, $14,248.03.
• Wyoming Hose Company No. 1, $11,509.46.
• Wyoming Volunteer Hose Co. 2, $11,646.38.
The OSFC manages financial assistance programs for the state’s fire, ambulance and rescue organizations intended to help them improve and enhance their capabilities to provide firefighting, ambulance and rescue services.
For more information about this outreach, or any other state-related issue, contact Kaufer’s district office in Luzerne located at 161 Main St
., by calling 570-283-1001. Information can also be found online at RepKaufer.com
Representative Aaron Kaufer
120th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Abby Krueger